Dr. Roman Denys was seconded to UWC within WP2 “Development of cost efficient MH containers with a focus on their mass production” from 21 October to 19 November 2019. His activities during the secondment included:
- Discussions with Dr. Lototskyy on design and testing of metal hydride containers for hydrogen storage and compression;
- Studying of a PCT model developed by Dr. Lototskyy and its verification on the experimental data collected at HSS/IFE;
- Visit to Impala Platinum Ltd. which included a tour in the nickel production plant and demonstration of a forklift refuelling and MH compressor operation at the hydrogen refuelling station;
- Presentation “Metal Hydride Hydrogen Compression and Storage Systems by Hystorsys” on R&D activities at HSS given at Impala Platinum (6 November) and UWC (8 November);
- Visit to TF design and discussion on the improvement of heat exchanger in high pressure metal hydride containers.